Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dreams


I had a dream that wounded soldiers were cheering me on. It was one of those dreams where you feel like you are running in place and not getting anywhere, but eventually got to the end of race. Which made me think of "real life" soldiers who may feel like they are working so hard "and getting nowhere" while healing and learning to live with life altering physical and and emotional wounds.

Which kind of reminded me of my car in a strange way. I am happy to have a car that I don't make monthly payments on. It's not fancy, but it's one less bill I have to pay every month. But in July, I hit an exit gate while going 5 miles per hour (because someone asked me a question and I turned my head) and dented the front of my car which kind of jacked up the driver's side door. Well, I was shocked and kind of irritated because I did not want to buy a new car, and did not want to fix it and spend a couple thousand dollars. So, by the next morning, I embraced the dents and dings, and was happy to have a running car. The car still runs great, but you wouldn't know just by looking at it.

Sort of like having an injury when physical scars are very visible, but underneath may be a strong willed individual ready to keep on going and reaching new goals. That's why I am doing this. There are so many men and women who need the Wounded Warrior Project to help them believe and achieve life's new challenges. Please cheer them on by donating whatever you can, today!

No comments:

Post a Comment