Sunday, November 8, 2009

15 Miles! Today Was For Ft. Hood Families

The Button Reads:
"If you don't stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them"


I walked outside this morning to a cool, foggy, and drizzly morning... perfect for me...the colder the better. I was mentally ready, needed to refocus on marathon after a sad week. Off I went, and it felt so good. After a half mile into the run, a dog came up from behind me and jumped on my back, and it scared the @$#! out of me. The funny thing is, the owner saw the dog, and kind of laughed as the dog wouldn't stop jumping on me. Anyway, no bites, and happy that it was just a hyper dog and not a crazy one, I kept going.


My thoughts were full, the soldiers, my family, a friend in Africa who will do great work over there, and back to the soldiers. So, when I felt like jello around the 12 mile mark, I focused on the goal, and luckily at the 15th mile, I had a gush of energy to finish the run with somewhat of a decent running pace. Totally dehydrated though...not too smart...I will not go that far without drinking anything again.


Today Moby's "Fall Apart"(I think that's the name) and Black Eyed Peas "Meet Me Halfway" were songs that stuck out in my head. Especially that Moby tune, it just got me really focused and in the mood to run harder.


I am toast. Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Wow girl.

    Yeah, my thoughts are still with the families of the fallen at Ft. Hood. Sounds like a good run!

    ReplyDelete