Friday, July 16, 2010

JULY 17, 2010

("T" (left), and me)

Ahh, I feel somewhat better now that I have some medication for my 2 week cough that turned out be be Bronchitis. I am going to knock this madness out with some antibiotics and hopefully be on the way to a full recovery in a couple of weeks. I did get in a 4 mile run today, very slow pace, but manageable. Came home, laid on the couch, and started my antibiotics and cough medicine that wiped me out for a bit. Now I am pretty much wide awake in the middle of the night, but hopefully writing a little bit will get me tired again.
I still plan on running while getting through this upper respiratory infection, but I will allow my body to decide how far and how strong.
Got some great news recently that my best bud who is currently serving overseas is on R & R for a couple of weeks and she's going to pop into Austin and hang out with me for a day before heading back home and flying back overseas. It was quite a surprise, but I love her for taking the time to visit, even though it's only for 24 hours. Her friendship to me is unlike any other, and well, I am sure we will have some nice long chats about my current dating situation and her on going sagas as well. I mean what's better than grabbing some good food, maybe some good chocolate and shooting the breeze with a woman I admire so much for her service to the U.S.
The visit is a great boost for my spirit and I hope for hers as well. Okay, now I am getting to the point of maybe catching some zzzzzzzz again. I will attempt a long run around the lake tomorrow and going to bake some banana bread with the rotten bananas on my kitchen counter tomorrow. I have been know to bake some killer banana bread. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment