Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 4, 2010


It's Sunday...a great weekend ending and another workweek ahead. There are 3 things in life I know right now and they are, I love my son more than anything in this world, not a day goes by when I don't think about my brother, and I am very thankful of our servicemen and women. As Ryan's birthday approaches on May 4, he would have been 31 this coming Tuesday. Of course, due to his birthday coming up, I have been thinking about him more than usual. I have also been in constant contact with my best bud overseas right now, and another dear friend about to depart for more work overseas on another continent. So Ryan's spirit, and the connection with friends abroad, I was extra motivated to run today. Unfortunately, I started too late in the day and made a scheduled 10 mile run an 8 mile run. It was pretty sunny and 90 degrees felt pretty hot today. But I trucked through and let the songs on my IPod sway my thoughts from one emotion to the other. I love 80's music and well the song, Forever Young by Alphaville popped on. This song was kind of my song for the last marathon, and it flows into the next one, because it's my "Ryan" song. He will be forever young in my head and my heart but he will also be the biggest reason I ever had the guts to start this. So tonight my thoughts go out to my brave friends, and on Tuesday I will smile when I think about my brother and the last time I gave him a hug, for that precious moment re-plays like an old movie in the back of my head all the time. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment