Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Merciful Weather, May 25, 2010


It's amazing what a little drop in temperature will do to make a run seems fantastic! Did my usual 7 mile loop around the lake and felt awesome tonight. Trying to keep the 30-40 miles a week base going until the final 3 three month before NYC Marathon. Won't be doing any 20 mile long runs before August, that's for sure!

As I was on the trail today, I was pretty mellow, thoughts wandering toward the fundraiser. It's definitely more of a challenge this time around. So, I was brainwashing for some ways I can generate money in order to make goal of $26,200. I am going to start working on the plans. and cross my fingers that something becomes of the ideas. I felt great stuffing envelopes all weekend and sending those mail requests out, but as I learned from the last marathon about 1 in a handful respond, so I am going to try and do some local things to help raise the funds.

Going to make this short before Max gets home, and grill some chicken I have marinating in a mystery marinade I just made up last minute...should be interesting!

I feel really good after this last run and just want to enjoy the endorphin high I am on right now and hope it carries through in future workouts this week!

Favorite song of the day on my IPod was once again, Radar Love...it gets my adrenaline kickin everytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment