Monday, June 28, 2010

SUNBLOCK FROM SCAPE

A week or so ago, I wrote about this sunblock I discovered that has really helped with my training in the hot Texas summer weather. Well, SCAPE labs was kind enough to send me some more product and I just wanted to write about how I appreciate the kind gift.
Their kind donation helps with my training, and in return helps me keep running to raise money for our wounded veterans. So, in return, they are giving back as well. Anyone who helps me in anyway is also helping our troops! I appreciate all the support I get, via product donation or financial contributions to the cause.

I love this product because SCAPE has developed a sunblock that does not come off! I sweat like crazy in 95 plus degree weather in Austin during the summer. When I get over heated in my long runs, the sunblock remains on my skin even while sweating and dousing my head with water.

The scent is a hint of lemon, and when you apply it to your skin it does not leave your skin greasy and slimy feeling. As mentioned in previous blogs, I do have Lupus, and sun can really be an enemy, especially in the summer when UV rays are stronger. Before heading out on, I apply from head to toe with the sunblock, Face Stick, and lip balm and at the completion of a run I still feel confidently covered with SPF protection.

Before my Lupus diagnosis, I never thought too much on sun protection, but now that I found one that works with training in the intense heat, I want others to know about it too!

Check out SCAPElabs.com for more product information.

Today is another one of those days when I will need it! High 90's and about to hit the road soon for an afternoon run.

No comments:

Post a Comment