Sunday, October 24, 2010

2 WEEKS BEFORE RACE DAY!





(me and Max , and girlfriend's hubby pumpkin carving this weekend:))

It's Sunday, October 24th, and two weeks to go before the big day! I am getting nervous! It's starting to sink in and today is the first time my nerves have become a little uneasy. But, there is also excitement as I feel there will be a big relief when the race is finished. For over a year, I have been blogging, running, and juggling the day to day responsibilities of a mom as well getting to work everyday to bring home the bacon. So, come November 8th (day after the race) I will be sore, but pleased to complete a journey I thought would have been finished after the Austin marathon in February.

Ryan continues to be my thoughts daily, and as I mentioned before, there is not a day I do not think about him, and how his appearance in a dream of mine last September started this whole challenge. Three years ago, when he passed away, there was a definite missing link between myself and my other 6 siblings. But now, I have to say, I feel closer to my siblings than I ever have, and the sadness I felt then is not like the inspiration I feel now. I know the death of my young, beautiful, determined, and often stubborn brother will always have an affect on my own personal relationships in the future. I find myself nervous when I don't hear from someone I care about, or sometimes overly apologizing if I feel I upset someone because of the big word, regret. I think I mentioned before that I was suppose to go to Ryan's race in NYC the day he passed away. The last words I said to him on the phone were, "see you at the race, punk". But, with a 2 year old, and a big city I was not sure how to get around in, I changed my mind last minute and left a voice mail on his phone to tell him good luck.

Honestly, after the running the Austin marathon in his memory, that's when the guilt of not driving to NYC that November lifted off my shoulders.
I ran 14 miles yesterday, and felt pretty tired. Even more tired than my 22 mile run the week before, so with 2 weeks to go, I am going to get some nice easy running in, and prepare mentally for the trip and race day. All I want to do is carry these legs over the finish line and visit Central Park and visit with family and see NYC in not so gloomy way like we all did when we went back together the following year in 2008. I do look forward to the weather! As it's going to be in the 90's this week in Austin! Wondering if I will ever get used to these high temps!
WITH 2 WEEKS TO GO, WE ARE AT $19,000! THAT'S AWESOME, BUT $26,200 IS OUR GOAL...YOUR DONATION AND SUPPORT MATTERS!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!





No comments:

Post a Comment