Tuesday, August 10, 2010

8-10-10

Wow! So yesterday, I had a really great run. If you can believe that in 100 degree weather, with heat index of 105 plus. I was slowly jogging along and wondering how the run would turn out, being the sun was blazing and already tired from a busy Monday at work. But yah, all of a sudden midway through the run, my head was clear and I didn't focus on the sun or heat, rather just the rhythm of my feet hitting the trail. Even that really hot area crossing the I35 bridge and running along Riverside Dr. didn't bother me as much as usual, and I may have even had a smile on my face as I felt like, wow, this will be the first run in a while where I don't need to stop and rest a minute and let my body cool down. I was getting near the finish, about a quarter of a mile away, and I could hear the breathing of a runner behind me. This triggered me to finish off with a strong semi sprint and in the end, a great sense of accomplishment. It's funny because I was quite elated with the run, but almost instantly wanted to cry. I just felt this sense of peace, and it was like Ryan was there to let me know the training sucks in this heat, but it will be okay in the end. But I didn't bust out in tears, instead just smiled to myself and happy that my mental focus got me through a grueling run. My running times are a lot slower than the winter training I did for the Austin Marathon. But, I am okay with that now, just knowing I need to truck along enough to make it pass the finish line for the NYC Marathon. Max comes home tomorrow from summer vacation with his dad, so I plan on hanging out in Austin for the evening, grab some grub, maybe listen to some music somewhere. Max starts kindergarten in 2 weeks! I cannot believe how fast time flys. Less than 3 months from NYC...momentum is building!

I just want to throw it out there that if you are already registered to run the ING NYC Marathon on November 7, 2010 and want to help raise money for a great cause, please email me at
runningforryan@gmail.com

Anyone is welcome to join the team, and you can choose your own goal amount. It's quite easy to join, just let me know!

THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment