Monday, March 1, 2010

MARCH 1, 2010

Well, haven't written in a few days. It's been really crazy lately. Still on a little bit of a post marathon blah, after running the Austin Marathon on Valentine's Day. Seriously considering if I am able to do this. But being stubborn, I don't feel like I can change my mind now. I have only ran 3 or 4 times since Austin Marathon, and I think that has made me a little blue. So, I am going to try and get back on a good running schedule, just to feel normal again.

We have added Chicago Area Runner's Club (CARA) as a partner in the Chicago Marathon. Just email me for details. They will train you, and you can run for us on race day while reaching your personal fundraising and running goal.

Biggest worry is can I do it again. But I don't want to put too much pressure on myself. I think if I just relax a little bit everything will come together like it did in Austin. I have one Austin team member going out with me, as he was the only marathoner on the Austin Team. So, it will be nice to have a friend make the trip with me.

It was a great journey and a great team while doing the Austin fundraising and training. Please contact me with any questions. Also, if you know anyone who would like to make a donation to our cause, point them in the direction of our web site.

Thanks so much! Look forward to meeting new runners!

1 comment:

  1. whoops, forgot to sign up yet for the austin cap 10K I was going to say, you've got the post-race letdown. do some fun runs (like cap 10K) or the zooma half marathon (and stick around to watch steel magnolias after). you'll get back into the mindset.

    ReplyDelete